Blizzard Entertainment Announces Release of Expansion World of Warcraft: Legion
Following their 2015 Gamescom announcement of the expanded collection video game developer Blizzard Entertainment has a date for when the World of Warcraft expansion pack called Legion will be released.
This will be the sixth expansion for the M.M.O.R.P.G which follows the previous story of fifth expansion Warlords of Draenor. The betrayer Gul’dan, unleashes a demonic invasion force upon Azeroth unlike any the Horde and the Alliance have ever faced.
“Legion opens a dark and thrilling new chapter in one of the Warcraft series’ greatest conflicts, and things will never be the same for some of Azeroth’s most iconic heroes and villains,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “This expansion is loaded with features and content that give players whole new ways to explore the world and customize their heroes. We’re looking forward to sending everyone into battle against the Burning Legion this August.”
Features included in World of Warcraft: Legion are:
- New Hero Class: Demon Hunter—Unleash the demon within as an all-new melee hero class gifted with preternatural mobility—and the ability to metamorphose into hellish new forms.
- New Feature: Artifact Weapons—Smite the Legion with class-specific weapons of lore. Unlock abilities and traits, and customize your weapon to suit your needs.
- New Continent: The Broken Isles—Discover the fate of a lost night elf civilization, confront twisted fragments of the Emerald Nightmare, and hunt agents of the Legion in all-new zones. Forge your own path through the Broken Isles as you explore content that dynamically scales to your level.
- Boost to Level 100—Come fully prepared to battle the Legion with a level-100 character boost, and fight alongside your friends in this epic new chapter of World of Warcraft—available immediately upon pre-purchase†.
- New Feature: Class Hall—Gather with fellow members of your class and unite followers of your order—including iconic characters from Warcraft lore—to carry out missions at your command.
- New PvP Honor System—Fight for fame, glory, and a range of new PvP-specific powers as you face the opposing faction in Arenas and Battlegrounds.
Blizzard has announced that World of Warcraft: Legion will be out on August 30. For more information you can visit their website.